We are pleased to invite you at the 19th edition of International Symposium “Environment and Industry” that will be held in Bucharest, Romania, in the period 13-14 of October 2016. We already started the preparation of the symposium, planning to impress both new and regular participants.
The 19th International Symposium “Environment and Industry” aims to bring together scientists, professors, consultants representing research and educational organizations, economic units, environmental authorities from all over the world in order to exchange their results, propose potential solutions to environmental issues and to contribute to the integration of environmental dimension in the decision making process.
The 19th International Symposium “Environment and Industry” aims to:
- Provide a platform for experience sharing among the environmental scientists
- Give opportunities for future co-operation in the field of environmental protection
- Strengthen the role of multidisciplinary research in solving environmental issues at local, regional or global level
- Identify new research directions in the field of environmental protection
- Disseminate research results within the scientific and economic communities
- Provide a discussion forum on the latest developments in the field of environmental protection
All presented papers will be included in the symposium proceedings book that will be submitted for indexation to international scientific databases.
Main topics of the symposium includes:
1. Sustainable environmental technologies
- Water supply and sanitation
- Wastewater treatment
- Sludge management
- Waste management
- Soil remediation
2. Pollution assessment and management systems
- Water quality, water use: standards, permitting
- Environmental risk assessment and health impact of contaminated sites
- Management and reclaiming of lands
3. Pollution control and monitoring
- Air quality
- River basin and stream systems
- Groundwater resources
- Contaminated sites
4. Other environmental topics
5. Presentation of companies – products, apparatus and equipment in the field of environmental protection
Therefore we kindly ask you to submit yours most recent and valuable research results in the field of environmental protection and also use this opportunity to expand your network of environmental professionals.
Apart from enriching your professional knowledge, this symposium will be an opportunity to discover a part of Europe that you may not know very well – Bucharest, the capital of Romania that used to be known as “Little Paris”.
We hope that you’ll positively answer to our invitation,
Welcome to Romania!